20.3.07

Day 118 (week 25): Hooked

First bite on the email arrived today from TopFirst. I don’t give him credit for playing it cool by leaving it a few days. Instead, given how fastidious and generally obsessive he is, I’m sure he must have written innumerable drafts of his reply over the weekend. In the end, he settled for this one:

From: TopFirst
To: ginnyandtonic@yahoo.co.uk
Date: 19 March 2007, 10.41am

Dear Ginny,

I would be very happy to give you advice and you can be assured of my utmost discretion. Consider me bound by professional confidentiality! Please forgive my impertinence but it might help if you tell me what subject you are currently studying and at what educational establishment.

Yours sincerely,

TopFirst
BA (Hons) (Cantab), Barrister


The pompous little twerp seems to have been hooked. Now I need to reel him in.

But first, I’ll let him stew in his own self-doubt and insecurities for a couple of days.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am starting to make guesses as to what you're going to do with Mr Top First. Poor man. An innocent.

Anonymous said...

just discovered this story. it is really fantastic. please keep the posts coming.

Jameson said...

I've got a case next week involving my employer where I've been off sick for a year with stress. I don't like my barrister - can you tell me how to contact you as I'd like to use you - you seem just the sort of cunning person my case needs. How much do you charge?

eric the hamster said...

You are a bounder and a cad, and very, very funny...

....what if TopFirst is playing you at your own game?

Lex said...

Snigger snigger...the plot thickens.

Anonymous said...

Jameson - I wouldn't trust those pompous back stabbers over at Barista's set - Those bods over at New Street Law Chambers deal with members of the public direct, invariably free of charge and nearly always win, even though they were only educated at Polyversity.

Rumple

instructing solicitor said...

I'd go to Kavanagh QC's chambers any day although Park Square were pretty ruthless.

Anonymous said...

i'd take rumpole myself

Anonymous said...

i'd plump for babyb every time. he'd have rumpole or kavanagh in one of those tv cartoon death matches every time - no holes barred! it's a brave new world out there!

hp said...

I want to know what happens tommorrow... is there anyway of getting an advance on this story?